mCube is a digital music manager.
The target is to let user manage and choose music to listen with the
comfort and feeling of browsing physical compact disc and with the
power of computer aided search, sort and categorization.
You can download
development build here.
You need Java 5 to run mCube. It also works with Java 6 (still not final, but faster. I use this one)
- Folders synchronization: add a
folder to mCube Library and you never need to worry about it
- Tagging System to build a
categorization that evolves with the library and with user needs.
Tag Cosmos allow you to easily navigate through your tags
- Many different views for
displaying Artists, Albums, Tracks, your Compilations and a fancy CD Shelf View.
- MusicBrainz support: mCube allows to complete album information such as track names, numbering, release date.
- Quick search box to filter all
library a la iTunes/Firefox/Thunderbird
- Edit Album Information and
automatically update file tag.
- Easy filter for different album
types (Live, Soundtrack...) and support for multiple CDs albums
- Export capability, also via drag and drop, to export
files to instant messengers, media players or iPod like devices.
You'll never need to use File Managers anymore!
- Play songs or albums with default
- mCube is open source and, of course, free
mCube is developed by Della